Sunday, August 07, 2005

Confessions of a Restoom Attendant

Thanks for stopping by.

Yes, I am a restroom attendant. No, I do not stand next to the sink and hand out towels. Nor do I have a tray full of colognes and a big jar full of combs floating in a strange blue liquid. My job is to oversee a unisex restroom in a very nice restaurant.

Having said that, you can probably surmise that I have an interesting job. I'll have to agree with you. The whole unisex thing is a concept that Americans aren't very used to. In fact, most Americans only know of unisex restrooms through Ally McBeal, which is a point that is brought up to me almost every night. Having men and women use the same bathroom can be trying at times. However, for the most part, it's a fun experience. Normally I like to watch people. It's an interesting time to sit on public transit or on a park bench and watch people. The human race is interesting. Where am I going with this? What I'm trying to say is that I have a lot of stories about what goes on in a unisex restroom. Some will surprise you, others will make you shake your head in disbelief over the way people act towards each other. In all honesty, I have some stories ready to share. Others have not happened yet.

It's going to be interesting...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home