Thursday, August 11, 2005

What up, bro?

Last night a man walked in the restroom. As usual, when it is a slow evening, I let him know that all the stalls were empty. His reply was, "Thanks, homey."

Does anyone ever use that term anymore? I mean other than people stuck in the '90s? This guy was obviously not the type of person who should be using that term. Also, I'm not his "homey." I just hate it when perfect strangers love to call me slang terms of endearment as if we're long lost friends. Please don't call me "dude," "pal," "buddy," or "brother." I am none of the above to you. I am a perfect stranger. A nice thanks would suffice.

Of course, this is the same man who pissed all over the toilet seat. You'd think if you live at least 35 years on this earth that you'd learn how to aim. At least put up the seat.

While we're on the subject of this: I think it's wonderful that men lift the seat when they use the restroom. Especially in a unisex restroom. It shows that they listened to their mothers. Plus, it shows respect to other human beings. My only complaint is that most men don't put the seats down when they are done. Remember that next time when you are in a unisex restroom. Lift when ready, put back when done.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lasse Flies said...

This is good stuff... enjoyed reading all yor posts - I'm sure to check in again another time. I added you to my link so others may find their way to you?

until your next post...

I have a blog about landscape architecture, urban exploration, urban enviroments & architecture

I also have a blog about wierd dreams

Maybe it's something for you? feel free to give it a look!!

7:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home