Wednesday, November 30, 2005

I'm Tardy, but I Have a Good Excuse! My Mom Even Signed a Permission Slip! I Swear it's not Forged!

I seem to have taken a small break from the blog scene.

In the last ten days Your Ever-Lovin' Restroom Attendant got engaged, got sick, ate a lot of food, got sicker, and eventually returned to work last Friday. Seeing as how that was the day after Thanksgiving, everyone was eating leftovers and not going out to work. Needless to say, I only worked 2 hours and 45 minutes.

In our lame attempt to celebrate the engagement Y.E.L.R.A., his newly-dubbed fiance, and some friends went out to drink. Big mistake for ol' Y.E.L.R.A. It only made matters worse. I spent the next two days in bed and wasn't having any fun. Except when I woke up and caught a few episodes of the "Good Times" marathon on TV Land.

Seeing as how I needed to recoup my money spent on the ring, I offered my services to my manager for Monday evening. I don't usually work on Mondays because it's a really slow night. But, I knew that a large party was taking over the restaurant that night. When I spoke to my manager on Sunday afternoon, he wasn't sure if he needed my but agreed to call me and let me know.

Fast-forward to Monday night at ten p.m. I received a phone call from my manager. It went something like this:

Manager: "Hey, Y.E.L.R.A."

Y.E.LR.A.: "Hi."

Manager: "Did I tell you to come in tonight?"

Y.E.L.R.A.: "No..."

Manager: "Oh. Well, I guess we'll have to deal with it. Incidentally, what did I tell you?

Y.E.L.R.A.: "You said that you would let me know if you needed me, but you never called me back."

Manager: "Okay... Well, I'll see you later on in the week."

That conversation made me a little paranoid. I was going over in my head the possibilities that he did actually call me and I forgot. It's fun when your mind plays little tricks like that on you.

So, that brings us to this evening. I remembered that another party was scheduled to take over the restaurant and I was anticipating making some cash. I was not looking forward to working late because I was still feeling under the weather. However, recouping my expenses was a bit important.

I arrived to work to find out that the party that took over the restaurant was comprised of 30 people. I spent the evening down in the bathroom by myself. I think roughly 10 people visited the bathroom the whole three hours I worked. Granted, I did get a lot of reading done, but not much else happened.

Can't a brother get a break?

Incidentally, the party was hosted by a certain person that was involved with the Reagan years. I'm not naming names. I just wished I could have at least coughed on him.

That should bring you up to date.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home