Monday, March 13, 2006

The Entertainment Continues

So, Friday night was chock full of fun. There was a camera crew hanging around. Not only did they have two cameras shooting their pilot, but they were lighting up the place like a cheap Christmas tree.

That last statement made no sense. I'm leaving it in anyway.

Some people really need to be hit over the head with a mallet. Take the teenage girl that asked me the following question:

Teen Girl: "So, is there some sort of production going on here or something?"

Gee, I wonder why she thought that.

Later in the evening the crew brought the lovely couple downstairs so they could share some private time. They strategically hid the cameras behind slightly ajar doors so it wasn't so obvious. They also gave the couple copious amounts of alcohol so they would feel comfortable around the cameras. The secrets of reality television. Now you know why everyone slept with each other on The Real World Las Vegas.

Another thing was that the rest of the guests were advised to use the elevator should they need to visit the restroom. If they took the stairs, they would find themselves walking right in front of cameras. The elevators are right in front of the restroom, so the restaurant's patrons would not be in the way.

Of course that did not stop some people. One woman tried to look around and get in the way of the camera. When I let her know that it was advisable that she not get in the way of the production she argued with me. She knew for a fact that they were no longer shooting. Of course, she then acted as though I was the idiot.

I came to the conclusion Friday night that I was tired of being put down by these people. Next time I'm kicking them in their butts.

One man came down to use the restroom. When he was done, the following conversation occurred:

Man: "Is there a bar down here?'

Y.E.L.R.A.: "No, sir."

Man: "So, this couple is hanging down here for no reason?"

Y.E.L.R.A.: "No, they are being filmed."

Man: "For what?"

Y.E.L.R.A.: "A TV show for ABC."

Man: "A TV show?"

Y.E.L.R.A.: "Yes."

The elevator then opened and he went upstairs. I just wonder what he was thinking about when he saw the large, bright fill light that was right next to the elevator. Y'know, the one that was clipped onto the wall using a clip. Did he see the multiple extension cords taped to the wall with gaffer tape?

I'll bet his thoughts were like this:

Man: "Hmm... Interesting decor. I should do that to my house."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home