Sunday, December 04, 2005

The Night I Met Wolverine

Yeah, this one is so much better than possibly meeting Matthew Perry or rumours of Will Smith coming to the restaurant. Celebrity sightings are a dime a dozen down there in La La Land, but over here we still get starstruck every so often. Tonight was the first time I was starstruck while working at this fine establishment.

Hugh Jackman came into the restaurant tonight.

I heard various people saying he was there. I paid no attention to it.

Okay, so I did. The prospect of catching sight of Hugh Jackman was actually a pleasurable thought. I imagined our meeting. I was to ask him how he was and then he would be my best friend forever. We would joke about how bad of a director Brett Ratner is and how much of a shame it was that Bryan Singer is stuck directing a man in red and blue tights. We would have a great old time.

Well, that really wasn't true. Except for the Brett Ratner thing. Why is the guy who is responsible for "After the Sunset" and both "Rush Hour" movies directing my favorite mutants of all time? Oh the humanity!

But, I digress.

I eventually went upstairs and spoke to the hostess.

"Is Hugh Jackman really here?" I asked.

"Look straight ahead," she said as she pointed out a table.

And there he was. That was pretty damn cool.

He eventually came down to use the restroom. I did not want to zero him out and treat him any different than I would any other guest. Why should I? I felt it was unprofessional of me to do so. How dearly I wanted to shake his hand and compliment him on his career. However, I refrained from doing so. Besides, the best I probably could have mustered was "Barble clab a vewdds aboo comma."

Apparently he appreciated what help I gave him because he gave me a $5 tip.

He actually was a very nice man. It's good to see that his success has not gone to his head. I do want to go on the record and say that I was giddy for a few minutes after that. I mean, he's Wolverine for chrissakes! Wow!

Wow!

I met Wolverine!

Okay....

I think I'm fine now.

3 Comments:

Blogger domestic_valerie said...

So Very COOL!!!

1:08 PM  
Blogger Zombie in Training said...

You are so lucky to see him in person. Did he have his sideburns grown for X3 when you saw him?

7:40 AM  
Blogger t.a.f.k.a.y.e.l.r.a. said...

He had sideburns. Not as fuzzy as Logan's, but still cool.

BTW: X-Men 3 trailer is up!

12:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home