Thursday, March 16, 2006

Maya Deren is Spinning in Her Grave

Drunk Guy: "This place is so avant garde!"

Y.E.L.R.A.: "Oh, really?"

Sad to say that this is not the first time someone has described the restroom as an artistic movement that pushes the boundaries of what is considered the norm. In retrospect, these people are technically correct, but I doubt that it applies to a place to pee. Unless you're talking about works done by Marcel Duchamp. Alas, it's already been done. Therefore I conclude that the restroom is far from avant garde.

By the way, the obscure reference in the title of today's post is dedicated to DDETHOMAS and his Painted Ground blog. The one that was linked on SFist yesterday.

Lucky.

1 Comments:

Blogger ddt/pdx said...

I'm totally famous and stuff. It's like I don't even know who I am anymore.

4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home