Thursday, January 26, 2006

Post Holidays = Cheap Drugs?

I was standing there, minding my own business, when Creepy Guy walked in. I call him Creepy Guy because I got a strange vibe from him when he had visited the restroom earlier. The following conversation reaffirmed my feelings of creepiness:

Creepy Guy: So, I'm hanging with my friend who's the boringest motherfucker on the face of this planet unless he has some bud in him, so, do you know where I can get some?

Y.E.L.R.A.: I can't help you with that.

Creepy Guy: Not even a little bud? A little bud?

Y.E.L.R.A.: Nope. Sorry.

Creepy Guy: Not even a little bud, huh? Well, I thought I would ask.

The story does not end there. As I was leaving for the evening one of the cocktail waitresses came up to me.

Cocktail Waitress: How'd you like the bud guy?

Y.E.L.R.A.: Wait, did you send him to me?

Cocktail Waitress: No. He asked me first and I told him no. He then asked me if you would know anything and I told him I doubted it. He was like, 'I'll go ask him.' All I could tell him was to knock himself out.

Y.E.L.R.A.: He was a little weird.

Cocktail Waitress: Yeah. The moment I saw him I got this creepy feeling. (See? It's not just me!) Any person who starts off the conversation with 'I'm not from the DEA, but I have this odd question' needs to just step away from me.

Normally I get requests for cocaine, but marijuana is a new one. Perhaps the holidays did not treat Creepy Guy too well and he has to resort to a cheaper drug.

Also, the restaurant is part of a month long promotion that many of the fine dining establishments are taking part of. Prix Fixe meals tend to bring out those unwilling to spend a lot of money. These people are otherwise known a cheapos. These are the type of people that have a nice three-course meal and only order a water to drink. Perhaps Creepy Guy is a byproduct of this?

I can't wait until January is over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home