Saturday, January 14, 2006

Think Before Opening Mouth

Last night Manager #1 walked into the restroom.

Manager #1: Is everything okay down here?

Y.E.L.R.A: Yeah. How is it up there?

Manager #1: Kinda mellow.

I then noticed he was scoping out the restroom. He then left and went upstairs. After a minute or so, Manager #2 enters the restroom.

Manager #2: Did Manager #1 come talk to you?

Y.E.L.R.A: Yeah. Why? What's going on?

Manager #2: Oh, don't worry about it. The guy said he was just joking.

Y.E.L.R.A: What?

Manager #2: Nothing.

Manager #2 left.

As I was leaving for the night I saw Manager #1. I asked him what that was all about.

Manager #1: Oh, some guy was sitting in the bar saying 'Someone should go downstairs and check out the bathroom. It's a mess!' We came down to see if there was anything strange going on like someone was vomiting. We were both puzzled because the restroom looked like it always does. Manager #2 overheard the guy say a few minutes later, 'I hope I didn't get anyone in trouble. I was just joking.'

I have to deal with idiots like that every night. For some reason, their humor escapes me. I've said it before, but an audience of one is not a good thing. Whatever happened to telling knock-knock jokes?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home