Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Angry Women + Unisex Restroom = Bad News

Your Ever-Lovin' Restroom Attendant tries to keep his cool when people criticize him. "Take things with a grain of salt," I always say. For example, when an older lady walked into the restroom last weekend and gave me a death stare for her duration in the restroom, I shrugged it off. It was obvious that she resented my presence. It's not like I have any choice, right? It's my job.

However, the icing on the cake was when a woman and her female partner attempted to go into a stall together. I kindly let them know that I could only allow one per stall. I then pointed out that there were numerous stalls open. The woman --- let's call her Evil Elizabeth --- objected to this.

"This is bullshit," Evil Elizabeth screamed. She entered the stall and slammed the door.

Yes, kids, adults act this way sometimes as well.

After finishing her business, she washed her hands and spoke to her friend. "How do you like having a bathroom monitor?" Evil Elizabeth quipped. Your Ever-Lovin Restroom Attendant couldn't help to overhear this because she was speaking rather loud. I knew that it was directed to me. I kept my cool even when she finished her statement with, "It's just like third grade, huh?"

Yes, just like third grade, with one exception: you've finally come out of the closet. Now, don't get me wrong, I don't discriminate towards anyone. I did get the impression that she was of the class of women who don't like men very much. This has nothing to do with sexuality. It has to do a personal hatred towards males. She also is the type of person who wants everyone to know that men are absolutely evil. I'm sure we've all come across this type of women over the years. Speaking from the male perspective I feel that I've done nothing personally to this women except do my job. She hates me. It's one of the moments when I know what it's like to be discriminated against. It isn't a great feeling. That's not to say that the person discriminating is in the right, either.

However, I digress. Before they left, her partner wondered outloud, "What if a guy pees on the toilet seat in here? Well, hopefully someone will clean it up."

I won't go on about the possibilities of women peeing on the toilet here. I just wish that the next time I see these women coming that someone had peed on the toilet seat. I will direct them to that stall.

That would be so much fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home