Saturday, October 15, 2005

When Change is No Good

There has been a bizarre trend as of late where Your Ever-Lovin' Restroom Attendant has been receiving change as a tip. I'm not talking a couple of dollars here. Last week a woman did unload her change purse on me. It added up to something around $2.45. I guess her heart was in the right place, but it's kinda weird. I could have done without the pennies. What I'm talking about is money adding up to less than a dollar.

Take for example the other night where I received seventy cents for my troubles. As if the extra thirty cents would have killed him. He could have gotten change at the bar. I don't ask for much. Just paper money.

Tonight a man gave me thirty-six cents. No, you didn't read that wrong. Thirty-six cents! What can you buy with thirty-six cents? What's with the pennies? He was Australian. Does that buy a hamburger and fries in Australia? So many unanswered questions!

The icing on the cake came courtesy of a woman who gave me the standard "I didn't bring my wallet into the bathroom" speech. As soon as I assured her it was okay, she reached into her pocket and discovered something. Much to my surprise she pulled out a shiny dime. Actually, it wasn't that shiny. The patina was sorta grey.

Next time just give me the standard "I didn't bring my wallet into the bathroom" speech.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home