Sunday, September 18, 2005

Was it the Full Moon?

Your Ever-Lovin' Restroom Attendant came face-to-face with an interesting new problem this weekend: What happens when men don't know it's a unisex restroom. Two fine examples popped up on Friday and Saturday night.

(1) Friday evening: A man walked into the restroom, picked a stall, propped the door open with leg, and began to urinate. I sat there patiently, listening to him tinkle, all the time wondering what he was thinking. Then, it dawned on me. He didn't know. Interesting.

When he came out to wash his hands, I kindly let him know that it was a unisex restroom and if he could just close the stall door when he did his business. He was actually embarrassed. He apologized and promised not to do it again.

The next time he came into the restroom he declared, "I know the rules, now!" Good for him. He knew the rules. It still didn't prevent him from pissing on the seat.

(2) Saturday evening: An overweight man whose clothes were actually too big for him walked into the restroom. His clothes were possibly manufactured by Mark Ecko or Sean John. He did not match the decor of the restaurant. It has nothing to do with his race or him being a representative of said race. He was a crass individual who peppered his speech with the word "fuck" a lot. As a side note, he was mad that I did not have any cologne and chastised his friends because he was told this was a classy joint.

Anyhoo... He proceeded to unbuckle his pants and tuck in his undershirt. The problem was that he was out in the open. I let him know that it was a unisex restroom and that women would have a problem with what he was doing. He declared, "I don't give a fuck! They ain't gonna see anything."

At least he wasn't afraid to admit his shortcomings.

1 Comments:

Blogger EarthMother said...

Bwhahaha ... I wish I lived wherever you do, just so that I could come and visit the restroom!

6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home