Thursday, February 16, 2006

Mental Note: Don't Place Trashcan Near Sink

A woman in her late 60s/early 70s walked in. She had a stunned look on her face.

I turned to greet her. "Looking for the restroom?" I asked.

"Yes," she replied.

"Okay, this stall over here is available."

She stood in front of the stall soor with an astonished look on her face. This look was akin to Early Man discovering the Monolith in Stanley Kubrick's 2001.

"Dis is dee bathroom?" she asked in a her German-accented English.

"Yes ma'am," I stated.

She just continued to stare.

"Just push open the door."

"What?" she replied. She then pushed the door. "Oh, I see."

When she was finished, she came out and looked around. She seemed confused. I knew that she was looking for the sink. Before I could say anything she asked, "Where do you vash your hands?"

"Right here," I said as I pointed towards the sink.

"Vat? In dee trashcan?"

She almost stuck her head in there. I had to clarify my statement.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you ever just not clarified for people like this just out of morbid curiosity? I'd get fired from this job in the first week, I'm pretty sure. I'd be too tempted to screw with the customers.

9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home