Sunday, February 12, 2006

Misanthropy and the Ramblings of a Tired Y.E.L.R.A.

The brainiacs that organized the Halloween Party* were up to no good again this Saturday night. It was the same situation as last time, except no costumes. I assume it had something to do with Valentine's Day. Thankfully no one was dressed as Cupid.

Your Ever Lovin' Restroom Attendant was on a warpath yet again. I came to a conclusion early in the evening that I was not going to take shit from anyone. First of all, I was really tired. I had about 4 hours of sleep the previous night. The main reason was our next door neighbor decided to bang on his garage wall with a hammer at 8 am. That's 8 am on a Saturday morning. Jackass. Secondly, I'm currently feeling a little burnt out. I really hate everyone that comes into the restaurant. Misanthropy is so satisfying sometimes.

I was enforcing the "one person per stall" law all night. At one point, these women would not listen to me. Then came the best moment of the night.

"I'm just giving her a tampon!" one of the ladies screamed.

I hear that a lot. To me, it's a lame excuse. Why don't women just hand each other the damn tampon? Is it such a secretive thing. I knew in grade school that women menstruate. I don't think that it's anything new. From what I understand this sort of thing has been happening for quite some time. However, what came next was priceless. The guy that was helping me screamed three times louder, "Hey! Now everybody knows!"

I don't know why that makes me giggle.

I have a few more stories to tell. For now, I must sleep.

xoxoxo
Y.E.L.R.A.

*check archives for late October/early November for more

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home